- About VIP
- Contact Us
Wee V.I.P. is an abuse prevention programme which introduces simple personal safety messages to children in nursery schools, early primary years and playgroups. The programme resources encourage children to explore feelings and identify what ‘being safe’ means to them. None of the resources frightens or upsets children and all are age stage appropriate.
The resources teach children how to ‘Say No! Go! Tell!’ if they feel upset or hurt. The programme is made up of a fully photocopyable pack, and a number of extra resources which can supplement the pack, or be used individually.
Aims and objectives of the programme
- Increase the ability of young children to deal with potentially dangerous situations
- Provide resources for teachers to talk to young children about staying safe
- Promote the message ‘Say No! Go! Tell!’
- Encourage children to see that they have the right to be safe
- Identify situations where children feel safe or unsafe
- Identify strategies children can use to avoid situations that make them feel unsafe, or to remove themselves from these situations as soon as possible
- Encourage children to tell adults as soon as possible and to keep on telling until someone listens.
Exerpt from the Wee VIP DVD
To view an ebook, you must first download the free dnl reader. This is similar to acrobat reader and allows you to view ebooks. You need only download this once. Click here to download the reader.
Once the reader is installed on your computer, you can view the Ebook samples featured below. You will see a few sample pages.
If you wish to purchase the full ebook, follow the on screen instructions.
Toddlers' Rhymes is a simple poetry book for pre-school children which introduces the concept of feelings to younger children in a fun way. Talking about feelings will lead to a closer relationship with parents and carers and prevent children from bottling up worries. Age Group : 2-5
Happy Dog English Version
Happy Dog and Pals is a simple story book for pre-school children which introduces the concept of feelings to younger children in a fun way.
Happy Dog Polish Version