- About VIP
- Contact Us
The Teen V.I.P. programme consists of structured lessons which explore the roots of violence, relationships and alternatives to violence.
It also has a DVD with more age appropriate scenes including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and domestic abuse. Lessons include addressing rights and responsibilities, facts and myths of violence, relationships, conflict resolution and identifying and challenging the roots of violence.
There is also a workbook and activity book, a storybook and several games to use with young people.
Aims and objectives of the programme
- Increase awareness about the nature of violence and its impact on young people
- Begin to change to the attitudes that lead to violence
- Identify the root causes of violence
- Identify issues of ‘power’ and ‘control’
- Understand the links between violence on a personal, community and global scale
- Identify strategies for identifying and challenging all violence.
Exerpt from the Teen DVD